Mobile Electronic Service Inc. began in 1988 as a subcontractor to U.S. West Cellular. With one employee, Jay Hardy, and a Suburban. The original concept was to provide technical services on a part time basis. Demand continued to grow for our services and in 1994 we expanded to 2 employees and full-time hours. A permanent location was secured, and Mobile Electronic Service began the journey to become the largest independent service center in South Dakota. In December of 1994 M.E.S. moved to a new larger location in Sioux Falls.
With continued rapid growth and the ever increasing factory endorsements, M.E.S. began construction of the first addition to the building in mid '95. Three additional employees were added, bringing the total to 5. The first part of 1996 brought continued growth in both consumer and commercial area's. Again staff requirements increased and an additional 6 employees were added. The second phase of construction began in October of '96. In order to accommodate the increased work load and the growing staff, another 1300 sq. ft was needed. Early '97 brought more space, more staff, and again increased service demand now with a staff of 17, M.E.S. expanded it's service area and went national.
Offering services from Maine to Califonia, M.E.S. faced the fact that it's present location would soon be insufficient. Unable to acquire more room for, expansion at the present site, M.E.S. was again looking for a new location for '98. That location was found and remodeling began Dec. of '97. On Jan. 12, 1998, M.E.S. moved into the present location at 12th and Cliff Ave. in Sioux Falls. the new facility has 15,000 sq. ft. and should meet the needs of M.E.S. for, the next several years. Now with a staff of 45, M.E.S. continues to grow and diversify their services for both commercial and consumer accounts.